Pass-through With High Resolution Photo

I turned on the pass through function with high resolution photos to reduce processing time. The outcome was very nice. Is this a good practice or is there anything wrong doing it this way?

Before starting the burn, I adjusted the photo using image adjust function.

My question is that: does image adjust function work while pass through is on?

I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you

This is fine if you get the results you want. There are on-line photo sites such as image-r that will allow some pretty complicated modifications. These are generally run with the pass-through enabled.

I think there is processing when it gets modified by the image mode. This occurs previous to it going out to the machine.

I think ‘what you see is what you get’ with pass-through on. If you modified the artwork it will be passed through without modification. You will notice you lose the dpi/image type controls with pass-through.

This is just from me using the machine, but it seems logical… Results can vary greatly between pass-through being set or not.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your feedback.

I just want to clarify one point, can I still use the image adjust function from LightBurn while the pass through on? I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you

I would think so. Lightburn puts in the image mode, such as stucki or newsprint. Might not be what you want. If you’re modifying one of image-r outputs, probably work, but never tried it.

:smile_cat:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.