Pass Thru problem

Hi, do lightburn have any settings to shut down the laser (stop burning) when pass thru one side to another, for example cutting a ring, it cut the inner ring but the laser doesn’t stop workint to go to the outter ring, so i got a “burning line” between the rings
thanks a lot for your help

There’s not much here to go on. Might drop your .lbrn2 file here for us to examine.

:smiley_cat:

Hi, thanks for you response, please review the attached file

Regards

test 2.lbrn2 (36.6 KB)

Most of your shapes are ‘open’. If you watch it in the preview screen you can see it’s the project that is probably the issue.

There were duplicate lines that gave you a strange cut sequence.

I’ve modified it with the node editor. Don’t know if it’s fixed, but maybe a start to get you going in the right direction.

Don’t replace your project with ‘this fix’ until you are sure of what you have.

Let us know if you still have the issue.

If it’s configured properly it should not ‘burn’ when it’s moving between objects. I don’t see anything in the code itself, but I’m not a wizard on this stuff either.

I might not have changed anything that effects your issue…

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

Jack has hit the nail on the head, some doubles and many loose ends … :+1:
Try to see if my fix fixes your issue.

test 22.lbrn2 (39.9 KB)

Hello Alvero, Welcome to LightBurn.

I see that you’re running a Neje A40640. It sounds like your laser is on and cutting Traversal lines as well as the intended work. Can you post a pic of the workpiece so we can verify this?

Also, this may be worth review:

Kind regards,
John

1 Like

hi John
in fact the code solve the issue, thnak a lot!!!, one more question, with GRBL 1.1 are others known issues? or tips, to improve the performance?

Regards

Alvaro C.

Hi Alvero, I’m glad I was able to help.

The GRBL position controllers are pulse speed limited and the laser is limited by its power supply and power requirements.

The most helpful content I can offer without specifics is ‘Common Grbl setups’ Common Grbl Setups - LightBurn Software Documentation
and ‘Troubleshooting’
Troubleshooting - LightBurn Software Documentation

If you have something specific that you would like to improve feel free to ask for help on the Forum any time. It’s an amazing community of enthusiasts that gather here. It seems that someone is always ready and willing to help.

Kind regards,
John

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.