Pause function?

I’m going to ask a question that has been asked before, but has not been answered as far as I can see. Is there a way to pause a job between layers? I would like to be able to turn on my air assist after engraving and before cutting. My laser doesn’t have the ability to control the air assist. If it is not currently possible, hopefully it can be added to a future update??

The easiest must be to split your job into engraving and cutting, mark only your engraving for output and run the job, then connect your compressor and run the job again, this time only with the output of your cutting layer. There is also a pause and continue button in LightBurn, but it is more intended for emergencies.

1 Like

My way of doing this is to select only one layer at a time, then you can do air assist on/off before you start that layer. Just make sure you don’t move the workpiece during the pause!

1 Like

Thank you both. I just realized I could do this. The job I have running now is just outputting the engrave portion. Will run the cut when it’s done.

Thanks again! It’s greatly appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.