Pause on Linux does not work

Hi all,

got LightBurn working on Linux Mint yesterday and did my first engraving, but when I paused the project for the night, it would not resume again. I do not have this problem in Windows. Is this a bug?

Cheers,

BC

Did the computer go to sleep at all? I wonder if the computer lost usb connection with the laser overnight. That can happen if it goes to sleep or hibernates.

Which controller/firmware are you using on your laser?

The EleksLaser A3 Pro with GRBL 1.1f on the Mana SE board,

BC

No, there are no power sabing settings active.

Paused for the night? OS’s often have USB-specific sleep settings, that aren’t usually shown in the general power save settings. On Windows it’s called “USB sleep”. Look to see if there’s a similar setting for Linux. If the connection between the controller and the PC goes to sleep you have to reconnect the device, and that will lose the current cut.

Hi,

I think there is a misunderstanding: I simply wanted to test the pause and resume before going into the night, so I pressed Pause, which worked and immediately pressed Resume, which did not. I had to stop and start over again,

BC

Ah, ok. That’s very strange - none of that code is platform specific, so if it worked on Windows it should work equally on Linux. I’ll have a look.

1 Like

Hi,

I did a new test yesterday and this time it worked. I’m not sure what the difference was in between the two attempts, there’s not a lot going on in this procedure except for clicking Pause and Resume …

BC

Hi,

yesterday the problem popped up again. I pressed pause, the laser paused several seconds later. I was able to resume again, but when doing a second pause, the resume would not happen. I restarted the job, but it appeared to have shifted a couple of centimeters, my mistake for not having to reset the origin location. My laptop was not in power safe modus, as I was working on it,

cheers,

BC