Permanent Kerf offset option

Would it be possible to add a button to adjust the kerf and permanently make a duplicate with the kerf already adjusted.

You can determine Kerf for a given layer permanently as a standard, but it’s not smart. Kerf is a flexible size that changes continuously with different materials and conditions.
What is it that you want to use it for, there may be another opportunity to achieve it.

Ker adjustment can be saved with the other layer properties as part of your material library. Would that do the trick?

I have three or four kerf presets saved this way…

I want to be able to set the kerf and then be able to export the layer so I could export it to a new dxf-file…
So, currently I am stuck…

You could use the Offset tool to achieve this, then export it.

Only problem with this is that the complete file will be scaled.

I’m sorry I don’t understand why this would be. Maybe some pictures will help me understand what you mean?

You can select just certain items to apply the offset to. If you just want to apply it to one layer, then you can select everything on a layer by shift+clicking that layer in the cuts/layers menu.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.