Photo images coming out really dark, almost black

I’m using the Reizer Fox Alien 20 watt laser. In wanting to engrave photos/images in lightburn, even though on the " adjust image" the photo looks very similar to the original, when I engrave it on tile using the Norton method, result is a very dark almost black picture. I use 1000 speed, 90% power. Hopefully you can help. My e-mail: f4udcorsair@hotmail.com
Thanks Frank

Hi Frank,

Please post pictures of what you’re seeing.

You might want to take your email down before the robots find it and start sending you junk-mail.

Please post the LBRN file so we can see which image settings you’re using.

John, thanks for the reply. I’m trying to post some pictures. They’re on a 4x4 tile. as you can see they really come out dark. I’m using both gray scale and Jarvis. Speed at 1000 power 85%. on the reply request I don’t see something that would allow me to include pictures.

John, thanks for the reply. I’m trying to post some pictures. They’re on a 4x4 tile. as you c

Check you have min power set a low number, so the laser has a wider parameter to scale the power.

Don’t use to small interval 0.1mm minimum

Thanks Neil. I’ll definitely try

I’ve been using Jarvis at 85% power, 700mm/min and 0.2 (10 lines per mm). 30W laser (5W optical output)

Thanks for the reply, Could it be that the pictures were taken by an I Phone and perhaps the quality isn’t the best???

Try with a photo downloaded from the web that has a large size and good definition and adjust brightness and contrast to enhance light and dark areas. In Lightburn Enhance Radios and Enhance Amount also help (in Photoshop the Unsharp Mask).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.