Pointer Offset Issues

I’m running a X Tool D1 Pro 20w, I have the cross hairs enabled and the pointer offset enabled. The pointer offset is not being recognized. When moving and aligning the laser crosshairs everything seems correct, and when I press start the laser burns like there is no offset for the pointer.

I’ve tried some basic troubleshooting like enabling/disabling, resets, remove/add the laser. Changing the offset doesn’t seem to have an impact either, like it’s just not recognized.

It was working when I initially bought the laser, I’m not aware that I changed anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Update: I’m still tweaking on it, and now it seems to have no idea where it is after it moves. Unless it’s already super close to zero, it’s gonna grind the gears. I’m lost as of right now.

I’m fairly certain that there are limit switches and homing on that machine so, when it’s set up correctly it won’t grind. If it grinds when it’s homing, it’s heading for the wrong corner or one of the switches has failed. If that’s what’s happening, it should throw an error message in the Console window in LightBurn.

If the origin is located incorrectly in LightBurn the laser head might try to jump into one of the rails after it homes automatically and successfully.

For the Origin, xTool uses top and left (on the screen) or far back (away from you) and left hand side on the engraver.

If you load a LightBurn file from somewhere else it may have changed that Setting in a subtle way that could be easy to overlook.

In LightBurn, click Edit, then click Device Settings and make certain that the origin is located correctly.

after that, carefully click OK at the bottom. It’s easy to miss that button or close that screen without ‘OK’ ing the changes.

If you changed the origin with a project on the go, you may have reversed some of your art.

To flip it back without changing the origin, click on the active work area and type Ctrl-A on your keyboard (to select ALL). Then click one of the Mirror Entities icons to flip it the way you’d like to see it.

• This is also handy to know about if you want to engrave the back of a mirror.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.