Poor Mans Water chiller

Update: I tried the 16Gal Chiller from Poafamx and it turns out that this is NOT a compressor type chiller, but a Thermoelectric type that would not be able to deal with my K40 AND the ambient temperatures in NC. The loft will go above 100F in the Summer - although I hope I never get inspired to use the laser in those temperatures!
I replaced it with the 42Gal Chiller. BTW, Poafamx support was excellent and kindly let me return the 16G chiller without any issues.

A post was split to a new topic: Industrial cooling

You should be looking to never exceed 18ºC, any more than that you will run the risk of damaging your tube.

Ladies and Gents whatever we do to make our chillers all of you should if not already install a inline flow meter sensor to your inline pipe to protect your tube

They cost no more than 10 usd and are easy to install in a K40 or larger. Without one if you forget to turn on your water the tube will fail in seconds. They respond instantly as my friend found out when he turned on the K80 he built , started a job and forgot to turn on the water… Result The laser did not even fire.

4 years on my current tube and my friend who bought my K40 has 6 years on that tube without any heat related failures.

Current kills the tubes faster than heat does. That is why they recommend not pushing your tube over 80% of its capacity to extend its life.

1 Like

Where did you get that figure?

To get the maximum tube life, you have to run it under 40% power.

Different advertisement. Here they state it’s life hours is 1k to 1.3k hours.

You must have gotten an extraordinary tube… the specified length of these is 25" or 635mm, a 30W tube is 700mm in length.

A good tube should last 10k hours.

:smile_cat: