Popular Xmas gifts

done a ton of these, started with a purchased file then my daughter (2nd year graphic arts) does all the custom designs. This is just a sample, very popular. Rough siding board, I hate the rough but people love it.

5 Likes

Nice job Robert, I recognised the words straight away! How big is it?

they’re about 13X25. Working on a nice figured maple one right now will be framed in walnut

2 Likes

That is a beautiful piece of wood, unusual to get that much figure in a small piece like that. I made a dining room table with a similarly figured piece of curly maple and it still looks stunning after 10 years

finished

1 Like

Nice one, looks stunning.

1 Like

thank you Sir, yes, I’m pleased with this one. Finished with a few coats of boiled linseed oil then satin poly.

Stunning work. Did you design the guitar wording “freehand” or did you use a piece of software…

I enjoyed the acoustic version composition due to the hole.

Greetings from the Great Pacific Northwest

Sas

so, that design in particular was the one that got me interested in doing these. It was a purchased file. I have since had my daughter do several others for me, she uses illustrator (text to area) she has not yet mastered the sound hole. It really is a ton of work unless you know exactly what you’re doing. I like that version best as well, the sound hole just makes it.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Your work is beautiful. Have you tried using a 220 grit sandpaper to remove/reduce the smoke marks around the lettering.?

Cheers and keep up the great work .

if you zoom in on the pine ones you’ll see it is rough textured lumber. can’t remove smoke… it also adds to the “rustic” nature of the rough wood… I use the term rustic as an excuse

Stunning and beautiful! I agree on the rustic look as a result of the smoke.

Cheers

1 Like