Possible bad low voltage power supply

You could combine the 2 24v into 1. It doesn’t need to be exact. I don’t think internally there is a separate buss for 2 24v outputs on a $20 power supply. If it were me I would go with the second choice I sent you. The D-150B

As far as the wiring for the adapter. The battery in the diagram will be the converter.

Wire connections in Lightburn
Just because I can. :smile:
connections.lbrn2 (347.0 KB)

@parsec Thank you. So at the risk of sounding even more ignorant on electronic wiring, how would the output from the reducer to the red dot be wired?

@micrololin I think I understand what you are talking about on your second suggested link, but now I have a follow up question, can I order a PS that has one 24v output and one 5 v output, put all the 24v wires on the save 24v output, as long as the total wattage for the PS supports at least 110/120 watts?

The converter as polarity marked.
.+ to red, - to yellow
You’re original power supply has GND1 and GND2 check with a multimeter if they are independent.
connections.lbrn2 (3.1 MB)

The +24v output on the D-150b is 1.5 amps more that the original power supply. There shouldn’t be a problem combining them.

Is the 5v just for the red dot? The red dot would be wired directly to the 5v converter for ease of install.

The single 24v wire I’m willing to bet is for any area led lights in the cabinet.

Just to put a final comment on this thread, I received and installed the following power supply and reducer.

99f037d796700b49c8192be5690e708f45636eec_2_690x260

They worked great!

Wired them up like @micrololin and @parsec suggested. I was up and running in less than 30 minutes. If anyone has the same type of Chinese 50w laser, a power supply with three 24v DC outputs, reducing one of them from 24v to 5v for the red dot and supplies the needed wattage, then this solutions works.

Thanks to everyone the contributed to this tread!

Donnie

1 Like