Possible to fill flatly without any bevel?

Hi. I am new to this and have a Longer RAY5 (5W) laser. I am getting an automatic beveling that occurs during fill. Notice the higher center line in the vertical line of the E and side border. Is this an option that can be turned off so that the filled part is flatly engraved, with no shallower center line?
Thanks in advance.
Rick

I can see the issue I believeā€¦ Wish I had an answer. Maybe someone that uses grbl more than I do can suggest a course of action or debugging to find the issue.

I have 3 machines like yours and a couple other similar types with larger beds.

Since itā€™s always lined up, Iā€™d check mechanical as a start, but I donā€™t know what else you might try from a settings point of viewā€¦

Good luck

:smile_cat:

That looks like you are using ā€˜Offset Fillā€™, not ā€˜Fillā€™. Use normal ā€˜Fillā€™ and you wonā€™t get that interior shape.

Thanks Jack for taking time to look at it.
Rick

Thanks Oz. I will experiment. So are you saying the ridge is normal for ā€œOffset Fillā€, or just that I can work around a faulty ā€œOffset Fillā€ by doing a normal ā€œFillā€.
Rick

Offset Fill isnā€™t faulty - it just changes speed a lot because itā€™s following the contours of the shape, and as that happens the laser power varies, so you can get some inconsistency. It was never intended to be a general use replacement for Fill mode - itā€™s meant for very specific cases, like large open frames with lots of empty space.

Normal fill mode uses very simple movement, scanning side to side, turning the laser off & on as needed while keeping the speed very consistent, and will always give you better quality results than Offset Fill, Flood Fill, etc

1 Like

Thank you Oz! I am new to all this but love LightBurn. I appreciate that you took time to answer.
Rick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.