Power Min button disappeared all of a sudden!

Hello everyone!
I noticed that the “Power Min button” disappeared. I have a laser module mounted on a router and usually run a GRBL-M3 (1.1e or earlier) machine profile. I used this option to avoid burns on movements between shapes (for example max 90% and min 2.50% worked well). I can’t work with the Power Max settings only.
I’m currently working with the Lightburn 10.0.3 version.
I tried to install previous versions but the issue still remains. I’m a Lightburn user since november 2021.
I tried to uninstall all the machine profiles and only then the Power Min button reappeared but obviously I can’t work without a profile.

Any idea on how to get back the Power Min button?
Thanks!

Francesco

Min Power was mistakenly made visible in some older versions of the software. It has no effect on GRBL lasers other than for grayscale images. Min Power was removed in recent versions to correct for this.

Having said that, is your laser actually running an older version of GRBL or did you setup as GRBL-M3 only to avoid traversal lines?

If you are running a newer version of GRBL you can correct for the traversal lines by enabling laser mode ($32=1).

Can you run $I in the Console window and return results?

Thanks for your reply!

In my case Lightburn is not connected to a laser machine (USB or Ethernet). Once a project is ready I export the G-code on a USB pendrive and load the .gc file through Lightburn Loader plugin in UCCNC. I only use GBRL M3 or GBRL M4 in order to use the software; the console window shows “waiting for connection” because of that. $I does not return any result. However, a repeated “G0” shows (only if “show all” is ON).
The strange thing is that the Power Min button worked/existed just a few days ago within this version and without making any changes to the machine profiles.

Have a nice day!

Thank you!

Francesco

Interesting. Because the UI is dynamically generated it’s possible that you’ll sometimes get the wrong UI elements displayed. I’ve noticed some occasional glitches like that. However, the intent is that Min Power should only appear for grayscale images when it comes to GRBL devices.

Ok. $I is actually a GRBL command and requires the laser to be connected.

I’m confused by this. Min Power setting should have no impact on the actual output.

You’re saying you can’t get the Min Power button to reappear? Or it’s still burning between shapes?

I just read-up on UCCNC and LightBurn Loader Plugin.

Sounds like the plugin expects Spindle power values in the range of 0-255. Have you set S Value Max in Device Settings to 255? If not, you should make the change there.

Interesting. Because the UI is dynamically generated it’s possible that you’ll sometimes get the wrong UI elements displayed. I’ve noticed some occasional glitches like that. However, the intent is that Min Power should only appear for grayscale images when it comes to GRBL devices.

I’m confused by this. Min Power setting should have no impact on the actual output.

In my case, without Power Min set to 2.50%, when I press on Cycle Start the laser module switch on at Power Max value making burns or marks on rapid movements.

Ok. $I is actually a GRBL command and requires the laser to be connected.

Fine. I imagined that. Thanks for the tip! :slightly_smiling_face:

You’re saying you can’t get the Min Power button to reappear? Or it’s still burning between shapes?

It reappeared as I installed 1.0.06 Lighburn version. I will keep this version and will ignore next updates.
Do you think the Power Min section will be restore in the near future? For me it’s the only way to work.

I just read-up on UCCNC and LightBurn Loader Plugin.
Sounds like the plugin expects Spindle power values in the range of 0-255. Have you set S Value Max in Device Settings to 255? If not, you should make the change there.

Yep! The Device Settings have always been correct. The laser profile I created in UCCNC works with Spindle Power between 1 and 255.

Thanks for your help! :smiley:

Francesco

You miss my meaning. The missing UI element for Min power has no change to g-code output. It will make no difference to how this works. If there’s an issue with the output it’s not related to how Min Power could have affected the output.

Try this, generate the g-code from this version. If you have 1.1.03 available also generate g-code from that version. Upload both here. If you only have 1.0.06 available just upload that. Can you also upload the .lbrn file?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.