Power of laser drops in LB

this is the test ive chosen the left is LB its not clear and has missed some text
the right side is T2 much better and missed nothing

it seems that T2 is a bit too much power and LB is under power

Can you paste GCode output from each program for the same job? I can look at the GCode and probably tell you what’s different.

T2.txt (2.7 KB) LB2.txt (2.1 KB)

You’re running the T2 version at just over half the speed of the LightBurn file. It’s important to try to compare results using equal settings:

ok both same at 750 clear burn on MDF , both rubbish at 1200

After many tests on wood and painted tiles, T2 comes out much better than LB and everything is the same in the settings, im at a complete loss how to fix this

Given the number of times you’ve already said this, and been wrong, I have to assume the trend continues. You keep posting “it’s better” without specifics, or the settings you’re using, or really anything else to go on, which makes helping you incredibly difficult and time consuming. I can’t learn this for you, I’m sorry.

im doing what your asking me to do i run the test as you said, i certainly dont expect you to learn anything for me, im trying to explain in the best way i can, and the only way i can explain it is to say T2 is better, and believe me the time consumed is a lot more for me, if you dont want to help just say you dont. im sorry too

i still need the answer so i assume i have to post it again in the forum for help

i also see youve been writing software for 30 years so you should have more patience with people who have never used a laser or your software, if you want any brick laying i can do that as ive been doing it 40 years, we all have our specialities, mines not LB.

Do you take well to people who’ve never laid bricks before telling you your bricks are faulty and you ought to be more gracious about it?

Plus writing software for a company isn’t anywhere near the same as laying bricks for a different customer every week. What an odd analogy.

I do want to help, I just need more information. You said, “it looks better” - but what looks better, and in what way? What are you engraving? What settings did you use in each program? Post with specifics, and screen shots if you can, and that will help me figure out what’s going on much easier.

The more info you can give me, the faster this goes - I promise I’m not trying to be a jerk.

im saying i have a fault thats all not blaming anyone its all new to me

ive never blamed anyone im here asking for help so its a straight forward analogy to me my friend , and you can offer help instead of criticism thanks

i really appreciate your help im just doing what you asked, im learning for a few days and then ill be back with any problems and ALL the info with photos.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.