Power Scale Issues

HI Guys

i have a ruida controller and im trying to use power scaling…seems that no matter what i set the shapes to they are being sent to the controller at full power (or the power set in the cutting details)

am i missing something simple??

Adrian

What are you setting Min Power to? Power Scale selects between Min & Max power, so a Power Scale of 0 means you get Min Power, and a Power Scale of 100% gives you Max Power, with the caveat that if you are going at or below your ‘Start Speed’, it’ll just be Min Power.

i have a hard limit in the vendor settings of 70% so to experiment with how it worked i had max power set to 100 in lightburn and the min was initially 100% also…sent a job to the laser and the controller shows 70% (with the shapes set to 100 % power factor)

then changed the min power to 0 and the power factor to 10% sent the job again the controller shows 70%

The controller will show the layer power as whatever the max is. Run 5 squares at 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 % power scale and you should see a difference.

so i wont expect to see the controller report a power difference?? ( i actually had the laser off and sent the job to the controller to see the difference)

When you engrave a grayscale image, does the controller show you the max power for the layer, or the power value for each pixel individually? :slight_smile:

ok so rather than changing the actual power level you are essentially running a PWM system to reduce the power ???

Under the hood it’s using the same commands as a grayscale image, so it only shows you the overall power setting for the layer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.