Power settings don't work properly. Used to but all of the sudden BOOM!@#$#@!

My power settings all of the sudden don’t work correctly. 1% works like 20% and 20% works like 100%.
All screwed up. Really bad. Making me want to toss this software.

i have the same problem … 1% 2% 3% working and now stopped… no messege … still busy but not working the laser… time 2:40 stopped

I didn’t think the stock controller on the K40 is supported by lightburn, you could help us help you by advising us of what controller you have and how you set it up…

We are here to help you, these kinds of op ed’s are not necessary and can hurt the kind of response you will receive. I’ve been in IT for over 4 decades, there is no software that I have used in any area that is as intuitive or has such a fantastic support forums a Lightburn. Any software that is good will take time to learn.

First thing is to sit down, relax, maybe a cup of coffee.

:smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I have the cohsesian board and everything worked fine until a few days back. Then everything stopped working as advertised. I have done the $$ and all that and it just says invalid whatever. Can’t change a thing. Just very frustrated. If I wanted to be a programmer I would have become one.

Thank you for posting and sorry to hear of your frustration. Yet, you are not telling us anything we can actually work with to help resolve your issues. You are working in the DIY space, changing the motion control system and wanting to use a different software than that which came with your laser. You are going to need to adjust settings, and configure things correctly to have things to work as designed.

You don’t need to become a programmer, but you should not expect a ‘turn-key’ solution with the approach you have taken. We are here to assist and help if we can, but you need to share more about what you actually have set, both firmware and software, for us to do so effectively. :slight_smile:

Additionally, please update your forum profile to list your laser gear and what you are actually working with, so folks don’t have to ask each time you post a question.

2 Likes

I ran some test images, lines and fill and discovered there is a change in the power output but only when I start with .1 , .5 .20, .50. it is as though the algorithm is operating at about 10% and not in real numbers.
Really need some help here.

I have the coheasian 3d board installed and use Windows 10.

Have you touched the mirrors lately? If they’ve always been misaligned and have now been bumped into better alignment that might explain suddenly getting a lot more cutting power.

Also, as I understand it layer power is applied as a percentage of power scale power, which might not be 100%. I don’t know if there’s a global power scale or if it’s local to each shape - maybe someone with more LB experience can advise?

Finally, I know there’s a materials library which I’ve never played with. Is it possible you’ve selected a new material that has different properties to the one you’ve used before?

Just spitballing here. Hope something helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.