Precise cuts with camera

How precise can cuts be made when using camera? For example I need to cut out 28mm x 40 mm squares from piece of paper with printed graphics. Each graphic has to be exactly in the middle of the square. Right now I’m “engraving” and cutting this squares on laser, this way I get absolute precision, but it takes a lot of time to dot engrave these. Much faster to print images and then cut with laser, thus my question.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Have a search on YouTube for the following phrase:

Print and Cut Lightburn

You’ll find what you’re lookin for to help you with the solution.

1 Like

Whaaat? I don’t even need camera? Thank you so much! I didn’t realize this feature was there! :slight_smile:

Yes sir. Its a really awesome feature. I see you’re using a Boss LS1630, a CO2 laser. A tip here for registration. When you think you have the laser head lined up on a registration mark, confirm the accuracy of the alignment with a low power pulse using the HMI’s Pulse Button. Don’t rely on a Red Dot pointer. This is where having one of these would be ideal:

Beam Combiner

Thanks! Yeah it has beam combiner from factory. All Boss lasers do.
But yeah awesome feature. It was off on about 30-40% of cuts but still so much better than engraving those with laser!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.