Print Cut mode settings

Do I have to reset the target markers in the Print/Cut mode if I am doing more than one sheet of printed material and if I have the ability to place the printed material exactly in the same position every time.

No. But I’m wondering if you have the ability to position your material in a repeatable then you might be able to avoid print and cut entirely.

I’ve created a platten for positioning 8.5 " x 11" printed material at the bottom of the laser bed centered. .All the printing is printed centered on 8.5" x 11" material.

If that’s the case, can you not use Absolute Coords in LightBurn and place the design exactly aligned to the location of the jig?

That would allow you to avoid print and cut entirely.

I am going to test drive the setup and see if it works. If it does then it will save me a bunch of time.

I have another question in regard to Print & Cut. When the both targets are set and highlighted in the Print and Cut Window does the start menu automatically appear in the Print and cut menu. When do I shut down the print and cut menu or can I save the settings and also preview the menu before starting the cut. Then lastly shut down the Print & cut menu.

I’m not sure if I’m really following. The Print and Cut menu items are all there to setup the targets and alignment/scaling for print and cut (alt-0 through alt-4). It also has a menu item to reset print and cut (ie revert to normal laser use).

Once you’ve completed the wizard or manually gone through the steps, you will see an indication that you are in Print and Cut mode at the lower right of LightBurn screen. Subsequently all jobs including framing will reflect the aligned print and cut targets. They will do so until you Reset Print and Cut.

My question really is "Can I save the target settings for future use after I close the current cutting or is it saved in lightburn

I assume you mean the post aligned state? If so, no. But not sure what that would even mean.

How is that different from simply directly placing your design on the workspace where you would like to cut?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.