Printing actual size (on paper)

I use my laser engraver to make panels for electronic equipment and I need to print (on paper) a 1:1 size image to make sure my Lightburn artwork is correctly registered with the panel it will be engraved on. When I print either Black or Color versions from Lightburn on my HP LaserJet, the print comes out about 2/3 smaller.

I can’t find any shrink, stretch, or actual size options in the printer dialog, and printing to pdf produces the same result. Am I missing a setting or something in Lighburn?

If not, why is this so hard? I would think that printing a 1:1 size test copy on paper would be something many users would want to do.

It would be nice to have the ability to export a pdf directly from Lightburn.

Suggestions welcome, thanks.
Bob

This is usually done by using the framing options in LightBurn. No need to use the detour of printing something.

Anyhow, did you make sure that no scaling is applied from the printing wizard?

Thanks for you reply. I guess I must be missing something, or maybe not explaining it right. I don’t want any scaling - the artwork in Lightburn is hopefully exactly what I want - but to prove it I want to print it full-scale, no reduction or enlargement - just 1:1.

Under File -Print I get two options - black only or keep colors. Choosing either then brings up my normal Windows print dialog box and the Preferences-Effects-Resizing Option is set to “Actual Size”. Yet it doesn’t print actual size, but about 2/3 size.

I do use the Framing feature to make sure the laser will be marking in the desired area but I need to verify the location of a dozen or more features of my artwork with respect to the panel, and framing isn’t precise enough to do that on-the-fly.

What I really want is a full size 1:1 paper print of my design tha maintains all dimensions and features.

Are you using a Windows “Print to PDF” driver? If so, the largest paper size I can do is Tabloid, which is 11" x 17"

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.