Problem in cutting acrylic

Hi everyone. I am using Atomstack 20w diode laser machine(X20 pro). I am trying to cut glass acrylic sheet of 1.5mm. I ran material test, to test speed and power required to cut perfectly.
But its not cutting at all. At high power and low speed its burning the sheet and tilting also.
Can anyone help, how do i cut it perfectly.

You probably can’t really cut that material. Most diode lasers are in the visible light range and will pass through clear acrylic.

If it’s coated in something shiny lots of the power will be reflected away from the material.

It looks like you’re getting enough heat to it to deform it, but a good cut is really vaporizing the material…

The only other option is air assist, but I don’t think that will help you much.

Hang around and see if anyone else pipes up, but I think you will have difficulty doing this.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Das material mus duckel beschichtet werden dann geht es warscheinlich. Es gibt eine sprühfolie die sich leicht wieder abziehen lässt.

Damit sollte es gehen

Gruß klaus

Dear Sir,
English Please

Search engine translation…

The material must be coated then it probably goes. There is a spray film that can be easily peeled off again.

That should be the work

Greetings klaus

:smile_cat:

i din’t get u sir.
My material is 1.5mm golden glossy acrylic. It has a thin film on it, which can be easily peeled, but it should be generally peeled when final product is used by customer, to avoid scratches.

As @jkwilborn said, you cannot cut clear acrylic with a visible-light diode laser: if you can see through the material, the laser light will also pass through without heating it. A “golden glossy” material will be even worse, because it reflects visible light: even less of the laser energy will reach the material.

CO₂ lasers generally cut through mirrors best from the rear (nonreflective) surface, but a visible light diode laser still won’t get very far.

You can engrave a pattern on the front surface of the mirror by coating it with an opaque material, as described by @Ziegi20001 , but you must then remove the coating from the acrylic without damaging the surface.

Thankyou Sir.