Problem setting up rotary. Goes two complete rounds no matter what settings

It is only the change in object diameter that changes how far the rotary turns.

If I set its circumference to 90mm it goes as precisely one turn as I can get it.
The diameter of the chuck is 80mm, so that is 251mm circumference.
If I set the spr to 6400 and 90mm circumference, it goes one full round, and if I set the spr to 16000 and 90mm circumference it goes one complete round.

I can`t seem to find that setting in my controller, the closest I get is step lenght in µm.

Also if I have rotary enabled, the rotary wont turn if I try to send a square of 50mm. But if I dont have rotary enabled it will turn the rotary, but then the Y-axis of the square won`t be 50 mm, but closer to 100mm.

Trying to follow on my phone, if that last screenshot is for a rotary on the Y axis the homing should be off?

These work pretty simply. If you can’t set it up so it will rotate the motor one turn and back, it will never work right. Worry about other things when the motor steps/rotation are known, then we can move in the right direction.

Some people have claimed they have to reset the Ruida to make these changes stick, mine has always worked directly without a reset.

IMHO, we’re making this too complicated… we’re just missing something :man_shrugging:

:smiley_cat:

I agree, missing something simple!