Problem with Fill+Line in text image

7cbf3aeb622801c2dcd868f0a1894f91|634x499

Hello!

I’m having problems with lightburn and was looking for help. I have the settings set to line+fill but the letters and numbers are not filled, just outlined. Preview shows the words and numbers will be filled but aren’t. Made image in photoshop and exported as jpg file. Am I supposed to be using a svg file type? Anyone have any suggestions? Doesn’t work with just the setting “fill” either. But if I do select fill it still outlines… Edit Tried svg file type and didn’t change anything. Update 1 Tried using lightburns create text to see if that worked and I’m still getting an outline only no fill.

SIlly question : You are scanning the same image, with the same black text right? and not a different version with a open font? because the Dates are different…just wondering if you are actually not accidently scanning a different version than the one in the 1st image.

1 Like

You are going way too fast for the Ortur to engrave. You should figure out settings using a power test.

1 Like

Ah yes sorry about that it’s just an updated image. The results are still the same the “-1945-” still looks like the other result. Line but not filled.

I tried lowering the speed and power but still get the same results no matter how slow/fast it moves with different power settings.

I have a 40 watt (really about 4 -5 watts output) which should be about double what you have. I have air assist. For a deep engrave and nice outline I run it at 60 mm/sec and 100% power for the fill and usually about 30 mm sec at 35% power MAX for the line after.

Please post your LightBurn file here.

Very curious if it works for you. Thanks for your help! Mountain.lbrn2 (80.3 KB)

The file you sent is on “image” not “fill+line”

Mountain.lbrn2 (97.1 KB)

What is the material?

I burn on walnut wood.

I don’t have walnut, but I do have some scrap oak. Both are hardwoods. I have some drink coasters engraving right now, but the settings you currently have 27.1 mm/sec and 60% power seem a bit off. It might take until tomorrow but I’ll try the files

I’m more so just curious to see if the engraving will fill in the numbers. I don’t need to see the whole thing. You can use whatever you want it doesn’t matter to me.

1 Like

I will choose part of the file to try tomorrow.

1 Like

Sounds good thank you so much!

2 Likes

So, how is it all going so far? Any results?)

No still looking for a fix. Not sure what’s going on.

Update: Tried a small test. Everything was made in lightburn. One with fill+line and one with just fill. The laser outlines one and not the other as its supposed to, but doesn’t fill the text on either one.

A .jpg is usually recognized as an image, and line and fill are not an option. Just convert the file to a .SVG and all should be well. you can do line, fill, or both.

I thought that may of been the issue originally but after I tested it, I got the same exact results unfortunately.