Problem with using Character Maps

Since this last update I am having problems with my Character Maps App on my computer. When I select a certain character and copy it to add to my font in Lightburn, like any extra swirl at the end of a letter or adding in a connecting heart it is pasting weird symbols or dashes instead of the letter font or character that I copied. I checked my Lightburn and I am up to date so what can I do to be able to use these extra glyphs that you purchase when you purchase fonts?

I would like to try this out on my win10/64/0.9.16.
Which unicode / symbol in which font is not working for you?

I tried about 10 different fonts that I have just to make sure it wasn’t a problem with just the one I was trying to use and they all did the same thing.

Ok, i found a font which coping its glyphs from Character map does not match what shown in lightburn and it is not a Unicode font.

Try with “Arial Unicode-MS Regular”. it works for me.

When I try and add this heart to the end of my font it is a slash not the heart

Maybe I need to delete that font and re install it and see if that works

With this font I get the same result as yours - Slash (Actually this is a pipe symbol) instead of glyph

notepad is showing what lightburn is showing, but same unicode is presented correctly inside Open Office

I did that in word last night and it came out as a heart also but it just does not come out correctly in Lighburn for some reason

NotePad is also showing the font as within Word. it’s only Lightburn that is showing it incorrectly.

So it seems like this is the same case as this one - Lightburn is defaulting to a different font instead of the chosen one. Missing fonts - but the font is defiantly there

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.