Problema con air assist - Sculpfun S30 Pro 10W

Ciao a tutti, ho un problema con l’air assist del mio laser Sculpfun S30 Pro 10w. All’improvviso l’air assist ha smesso di funzionare, nonostante su Lightburn è attivo ed è impostato su M8. Il cavo che lo collega al laser è collegato correttamente. Quale può essere il problema? Non so più cosa fare

This seems - more than likely - a pump issue
Have our reviewed the power adapter and the hardware itself?

@misken might have some insights

The S30 Pro air assist is powered by 12vdc from the motherboard. I suggest you try unplugging the cable and plugging it in a few times. Problem could be:
Bad wiring or connection (most likely)
Bad air pump
Bad motherboard

I do not know if the feed is fused, but I would be surprised if it is.

1 Like

Non ho controllato l’adattatore e neanche a livello hardware. A cosa ti riferisci? L’air assist dello Sculpfun s30 pro si alimenta direttamente dal laser

A breve proverò a scollegare e ricollegare il cavo. Se il problema dovesse continuare ad esserci cosa posso fare?

Find a friend that knows electricity and has test equipment.

1. Use a volt meter to check power at the connector from the controller.

2. Apply 12vdc to the plug going to the air pump.

The connectors are tiny, so doing these tests will not be easy. If both #1 and #2 test good, then it is the connector itself.

As Mike said:

1. check if the pump works at 12V power. You can do this by opening the housing of the mainboard. Unplug the pump from the AIR port. Plug it into the 12V port. Turn on the power. The pump should turn on as well.
  2. if yes - the air assist port of the mainboard does not react. It can be broken, but this is very rare. I recommend flashing the firmware again and check.
  3. if no - the pump itself is broken. In most cases, it’s the inverter that has blown up. Open the small black box in the power line. Check it for obvious defects (burned parts).

If the AIR port works can usually be observed by triggering the air assist function (M8/M9) and the blue LED next to the port should also turn on/off.

1 Like

Ho collegato un tester al cavetto che esce dalla scheda madre e segna 0.4 V … È possibile oppure ho sbagliato qualcosa?

Ho collegato un tester al cavetto che esce dalla scheda madre e segna 0.4 V … È possibile oppure ho sbagliato qualcosa?

I’d say that’s possible as long as the AA was turned off. Better open the housing and check then (and observe the LED).

Ho aperto la scatolina della scheda madre oggi pomeriggio e non ho visto nessun led blu. Dove dovrebbe trovarsi?

See the red circle.

1 Like

Ok, quindi dove c’è il cerchio rosso c’è il led che deve illuminarsi di blu. In quale occasione? Mentre il laser è in funzione? Oppure è sempre attivo quando il laser è alimentato?

Only when the AA is activated - send M8 to turn it on, M9 to turn it off.

Quando il laser è in funzione si accende un led rosso, nessun led blu. Inoltre ho 12V sullo spinotto da collegare alla pompa mentre il laser è in funzione, perciò credo che la corrente non arriva dalla spina della pompa alla pompa stessa

Questo è il circuito all’interno della scatolina dell’ Air Assist. Ho notato che all’ingresso (dove è verde) arrivano 12V mentre sui cavi all’uscita (rosso) resta a 0V

Did you measure the output as AC voltage? The input is 12V DC voltage, the output of the inverter is 12V AC voltage.

Though, once you could make sure that the 12V is coming to the board and nothing is coming out, then the inverter board is broken. You can report this finding to Sculpfun support and they should send another pump.

Si ho misurato in AC e segna 0.3V, perciò probabilmente è quello il problema