Problems with a single SVG file using rotary tool on Thunder Nova 24

Hello, I’m having trouble with a specific file when trying to engrave to a tumbler using a rotary tool. Other files do
not have this issue. The image preview looks fine as well as my test runs on low power on blue tape. When I increase the power for the engrave, the text get these jagged blocks and it looks terrible. image1
Here is a small version of the problem file with some other working files that look fine:
image0 (3)

I’m just at a loss of what the issue could be and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Here is what the preview looks like. Again, it looks fine on low power blue tape.

These are the settings I use for all of my tumbler engravings and they have worked just fine.

413Welding2.lbrn2 (72.0 KB)

Any assistance you could provide would be very helpful.

All of your text has small rads in the corners. Not sure if that is the problem, but I cleaned the file up.
413Welding2_RRU.lbrn2 (99.9 KB)

Thank you so much for taking a look at this! I used your file to run a test. It looks like the issue is still happening. It is interesting the difference between the blue tape and regular versions. The blue tape one looks a lot better but still has a couple of issues with some of the text.

IMG_9358 (1)

Update to include test of file with low line interval value. This seems to look fine. 400/16% power on cardboard:

Update: I recreated the file, made the text bold. decreased the line interval. Here, the blue tape looks good. All I did is increase the power and the distortions return. What’s strange is that the distortions are in the same spots each time. I’m at a loss.

Your speed is 400mm per second?

Yes, that’s correct.

What do mean by “small rads”? I don’t know what that is. What did you have to do to the file to clean it up? Thanks again.

Every corner on all of the text had a radius of about 0.002". I deleted them re-intersected the lines.

SOLVED: I contacted Thunder support and they were very helpful. The issue was related to the ‘Fill shapes individually’ setting in lightburn. They recommend the setting be set to Fill shapes at once, but that is what my file was set to. I tried changing it to fill individually, and the distortion issues went away.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.