Project on sd card is not read by laser

How do I save my project on a SD so my Longer Ray5 10w will read it?

I changed the tag to grbl, this isn’t a dsp controller.

As far as I know, all of these that us an sd card requires you to physically remove it, plug it into your computer and write the grbl output to the sd card. Then you can put it back into the machine.

:smile_cat:

After editing the project in LB, I do Save Gcode to a folder dedicated to this usage.
Then I put the SD / TF card in the provided USB adapter, it appears on the computer as a new drive.
I copy the saved .gcode file to the card, using the file explorer (on Windows), and I can unplug the adapter, remove the card and insert it in the laser (mine is a Creality, but I suppose the procedure is similar).

I suppose I can export the Gcode directly to the card, but I prefer this way, keeping the files “just in case”. The Falcon laser prefers to have only one file on the card, even if it is supposed to take the latest one.

I would sugest what others said
Remove SD put it in computer
However, depending on firmware extension matters

Some firmware, those based on GrblHal are picky
So try saving the same file with different names
TESTGCODE.gcode
TESTGC.gc
TESTNC.nc

(if you on windows, you might have to go to folder options and enable file extension)

Once done, put it back on your Longer, and see WHICH file is identified correctly via LCD

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.