In order to improve the quality and stability of public release, we are introducing a “Public Beta” period for new LightBurn releases.
We’ll test to the point we normally would before a release, then make the new version available here for anyone who wants to try it. We’ll gather feedback from users to address any issues at this public beta stage before doing a general public release.
If you encounter a bug in a public beta, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as you can recall - ideally, provide the steps required to reproduce the issue, and attach any screenshots, crash logs, or images as needed. Please put ‘Public Beta’ in the subject line of your email.
The standard licensing rules apply - you’ll need to have a current license key to run these (or be in an active trial period). If you have any issues while using a beta, you can just install whatever version you were using before, or grab the current public release version from the Trial/Download page .
Public Betas can be downloaded from here .
Here’s the full list of changes for the 1.4.01 beta - All Builds updated July 20th, 2023:
- [Oz] Don’t auto-connect lines to existing shapes if on different layers
- [Oz] Slot resizer bug fixes for rectangular slots
- [WP] Fixed docking with perpendicular lines
- [Oz] Bugfix: Offset Fill didn’t respect power scale
- [Oz] Bugfix: reload hotkey map on language Change
- [Oz] Bugfix: support SVG ‘dominant-baseline’ tag on text
- [Oz] Bugfix: DXF line patterns that are extremely short should be ignored
- [Oz] Bugfix: Done Marking signal pulse wasn’t always turned off
- [Oz] Bugfix: UV Pulse length now shown as uS, clamps correctly based on freq limits
- [Oz] Bugfix: MacOS cut/copy/paste shortcuts now work in edit boxes, like on PC
- [Oz] Added new 1Gb Thunder laser controller support
- [Oz] Cut/Copy/Paste behavior in edit boxes now working on MacOS
- [Oz] Bugfix: PDF inline JPG images didn’t load correctly
- [Oz] Bugfix: measure tool reported incorrect arc lengths for grouped / scaled shapes
- [Oz] Bugfix: Ruida start/end delays didn’t work if longer than 17 seconds
- [Oz] Bugfix: Don’t re-join broken nodes if the user simply clicks to select, but doesn’t move
- [Oz] Added support for Ruida controller stored scanning offsets
- [AH] Bugfix: Galvo timing overrides were not being shown correctly on sub-layers
- [Oz] Bugfix: Added support for true RGB colors in DXF layers
- [Oz] Added support for Large Canvas scale in AI files