In order to improve the quality and stability of public releases, we offer a “Public Beta” period for new releases.
We’ll test to the point we normally would before a release, then make the new version available here for anyone who wants to try it. We’ll gather feedback from those users to address any issues we missed before doing a general release.
If you encounter a bug in a public beta, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. Please provide us with as much information as you can recall - ideally, provide the steps required to produce the issue, and attach any screenshots, crash logs, or images as needed. Please put ‘Public Beta’ in the subject line of your email., so we can set out to reproduce it and fix it.
The standard licensing rules apply - you’ll need to have a current license key to run these (or be in an active trial period). If you encounter any issues while using a beta, you can just install whatever version you were using before, or grab the current released version from the Trial/Download page.
Public Betas can be downloaded from here .
Here’s the full list of changes for the 1.4.04 beta:
- More decimals for material test interval when in Inches
- SVG import automatically converts completely straight curves to lines, and removes duplicate verts
- Resize Slots tool now highlights lines (green), curves (pink), and shape breaks (red circles) to help spot malformed art
- Optimize Shapes tool now displays input and output line/curve counters
- Bugfix: bad / empty entries in Art Library could cause crash when using search
- Bugfix: Don’t alter control handles when extending an existing line with the line tool
- Bugfix: Don’t allow grayscale when passthrough is enabled on galvo
- Bugfix: Close Shapes With Tolerance window displayed incorrect counts
- Bugfix: Close Shapes altered selection
- Bugfix: Don’t show cropped image when using Trace Image
- Bugfix: Allow cancel while generating 3DSlice data