Question about the constant annoying “BEEP” from the xtool S1

Hey all, brand new guy here. So today I fired up my brand new xtool S1 and after some trial and error i managed to run some material engrave and cut test. My question as you can tell by the title is has anyone figured out a way to either disable or muffle the beep the machine makes every time you do basically any framing/firing? Between playing with getting my framing down for the test runs that sound really got old fast, and most of my free time where i want to knock out projects is going to be at night after the wife goes to sleep and I’m in the basement so she’s going to get more annoyed then me if i can’t figure out a way to reduce or even better disable that damn beep. Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks

All I can say here (seeing as I don’t have one) is that the piezo beeper is probably very visible on the controller board inside the machine, and a strip of thick tape over the speaker opening does wonders to muffle things.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, i was kind of thinking the same thing might be as good as it gets

I imagine there is an option in your software to turn it off.

I’ll poke around and see what i can find. Kinda funny that we are on this topic cause just 15 min ago i was thinking i want to reheat some dinner and use the air fryer. Well if any of you guys own one you know how f-in annoying the beep on those things are and i don’t ever use it late at night cause i don’t want to piss the wife off by waking her up….a little YT search and it seems that most of us late night snack guys had the same idea. Took me about 5 min of prying but once the top was off all i needed was a pair of needle nose and and little wiggling and the speaker came right off. Late night snack ninja has a whole new meaning :raised_hands:

2 Likes

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Ok jkwilborn you are a god send :raised_hands: that worked like a charm. Thank you so much now i can work at night and also not drive myself crazy with that terrible noise.