Question on image preview

I an using the trial version of Lightburn. I have added my Laser, and Ikier K1 24 watt. I have uploaded a photo after adjustment in ImagR.

When I use Grayscale the Image preview looks fine

When I use any other image mode the preview is black, even when zooming in it is still very dark

I have searched and saw a similar topic but it did not seem to have a resolution.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

That’s normal. All other modes are using dithering techniques so will only show black lines. Continue to zoom in to see the individual lines that represent the laser path.

If you are processing your image in an outside source like Image-R, you should enable Pass-through in LightBurn so that it’s not double processing the image.

Thank you for your reply. I tried changing the pass through setting and the image preview changed to this.

It also changed the image mode to Threshold?

When you set Pass-Through, it turns any imaging processing off. The dither setting just defaults back to that, but it’s not doing any processing in LightBurn. As for the preview, the preview for images is not intended to be a photo realistic preview. It simply shows the dots that will be engraved. What really matters in the end is what it looks like when you run the job on your laser.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.