Quick Nest not what I'd hoped

I found the

new location LB-Arrange-Quick Nest. Gave it a a try and heres what I got. On the right is my original manual nest. On the left is how LB distributed the parts in the same space. It used 2 frames. Pretty much unless. Hope they can improve it. Rick

Check if objects are locked for rotation:


Tks. found the described, restarted LB, same results. my space is 600X300

Sorry you have to unlock.

LOL no matter what I’ve tried LB wants to place the circles linear. I even selected my own 600X300 grouping and nested in the same. It split it up. You see I even tried rotating my target. We live to fight another day.

Did that

You also have the Nest Selected feature:

It’s a quick nesting feature. It’s not meant to be perfect and will most likely never reach the manual arrangement. Nesting takes a lot of computing power and many iterations to find the optimal placement, but that’s not done here, intentionally. You only have the options:
quick - non-optimal
slow - optimal

We have a proper, true nesting feature coming in the next update, but as Parsec says, this one is “quick & dirty”, meant to be extremely fast, and usable for most things. Circles are one of it’s worst cases, because it basically puts a rectangle around everything and nests that. Circles don’t box well.

The upcoming nesting feature in Pro is going to be what you’re looking for.

Great answer. Thank you for the explication. R