"Quotation Marks"

Hey, how do you change the style of “quotation marks” ? When using " or ’ in LB it automatically makes them straight but I need it to be curly because I am using " ’ for quotes or or punctuation of people’s name’s. The only way I see to do it is to copy-paste from Word but it would be nice to know the command directly in LightBurn.

Also I’d like a way to default this so it’s always the curly quotes when I use it. More times than not I need it curly for letters, not straight for numerical values.

I believe that much depends on the font that you are using. To do it the way you want, it is quite possible that you will have to manually insert special characters available within that font.

Single quotation marks > alt-0145 to open alt-0146 to close ‘…’
Double quotation marks > alt-0147 to open, alt-0148 to close. “…”

1 Like

Assuming the font includes typographic quotes in the proper Unicode slots, you can hammer them in directly from the keyboard using whatever shortcuts produce Unicode characters:

Single: U+2018/2019 ‘ ’
Double: U+201C/201D “ ”

For Windows:

https://www.typewolf.com/cheatsheet

For everybody else, Hell hath no fury like that of an unjustified assumption:

If you do a lot of quoting, a macro keypad will become your friend.

Thanks everyone! I just want to be able to type freely without having to do anything extra to get the quotation marks I need. I know other programs allow you to default straight or curly quotes. -.-

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.