Random fire/pulse

Hi Guys,
I have a friend that has a 130w 1390 chinese laser running Ruida controller and Lightburn, they have noticed that when they move the bed Up/Down the laser will pulse, just once and at random
I checked the PSU to see if maybe the fuse was damaged but its good and running a 15A Fuse

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The likely have the wires for the Z motor really close to the high-voltage supply L-On or PWM wire input - it could be inducing voltage into that wire, or they could actually have a short or crossed wire in there somewhere.

thanks I will try that :slight_smile:

Ryan, Didn’t think of this when i was trying to help with this issue on another platform. Oz Is Correct and im 99% sure this is what the issue is unless there is a short inside the controller of some strange place- Brandon Teater

Thanks, the manufacturer has recommended that the customer remove r8 resistor from the laser psu

This doesn’t make sense to me, I assumed that a resistor is there to reduce the current on a circuit(prob wrong)

I think I will tell my friend to just trace all wires and see if something might be touching causing the short

I would at least do that first like you stated. No harm no foul there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.