RDC6442S-B(ec) disconnects constantly

In my ongoing saga…

My old Win7 tower crashed itself to death finally and I put together a new tower with clean install of Win 10. Installed latest LB and USB driver. Did not install RDworks.
After a few headaches and I got everything working, but the controller disconnects from LB constantly. Sometimes when I try to frame or run a job. Sometimes when doing nothing.

Before I replace the controller (one of the few parts on this machine I have not replaced yet) are there any suggestions? I tried new usb cables. And bypassed the panel socket, plugging directly into the Ruida.

Maybe see if there’s a new firmware available??? That means installing RDworks after all, right?

Maybe find an old router switch and connect via Ethernet?

Thanks for any suggestions.

george

It could be a driver issue. Try installing the FTDI drivers (used by Ruida) from here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

That’s the one I installed.

I found an old Apple Express router in a drawer. Might try connecting that. Prolly another rabbit hole to go down though, I’m not networking savvy at all.

george

That was actually easy! Connected fine.

Now, how do I check the firmware version on the 6442S? And update if necessary?

george

So, I have firmware V 8.01.52 This appears to have updated when I installed RDWorks. V 8.01.22

The panel looks different now, more parameters displayed, and the menu structure changed.

Next:

why do my X and Y cords display as 10000, 10000 instead of 000,000. And is that why the laser head smashes into the rails when I press HOME?

george

The laser smashes into the rails because your limit switches aren’t working or configured correctly yet. The laser shows 10000,10000 as its position when it hasn’t been homed.

1 Like

Thanks! I printed out the wiring diagram and I’ll troubleshoot this next. The saga continues…

george

In machine settings: is there a LB equivalent parameter to “Auto home X” found in Ruida? If I can set that to false it will prevent the smashing until I can replace the faulty X axis limit switch.

George

That is the way i have mine running via network and an apple express

1 Like

It’s “Enable Homing” under each of the axis settings:

1 Like

Did you back up your controller settings before you upgraded the firmware?

Wiring probably isn’t your problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.