Rdc6445gz(panel) not working

Good morning, I bought 14 months ago on aliexpress from Voiern a 80w co2 laser with controller RDC6442S-B (EC) and RDC6445GZ(Panel) (I realized only today detaching the panel from the machine that the controller and and the panel have different initials (can this be one of the problems ?)with size 40*60.
Unfortunately due to a shipping error my machine was shipped to another person, and I was sent his (40w). I noticed it right away, and without even opening it I contacted the seller who did nothing but ask that mine be resealed and packed and sent back to me, and asked me to send the wrong one to the person who had received mine.
After a while mine finally arrived, but it had evidently been used and immediately presented problems.
I complained to the seller and he told me to be patient that it wasn’t his fault, but the shipper’s, and since I needed it for some work we had to do, I kept it.
I immediately noticed that the end-of-stroke sensors were not working (in fact, to this day if I move the truck and push on the sensor it won’t stop, even one had a cable completely disconnected.
The machine is connected to a 5500 cooler, and I ordered the AIR kit (not yet installed) from cloudray.
After about 1 year of little work (due to covid) it worked 560 hours, 122 of which were for processes and 73 hours of laser use, the laser was showing no signs of life. I contacted the salesman who immediately suggested taking a wire out of the power supply, now the laser works, but I no longer have the red pointer for positioning, and again he told me to be patient.
Sunday I did a job with the rotary , I finished and put back the connections as they were, and the RDC6445gz keyboard (now I also know the model) no longer gives signs of life, via software everything works, but I can no longer move the axes, or access the menu.
I contacted the seller for the umpteenth time and he immediately told me that the panel has failed, but that I can use the machine via software or buy a new panel.
In my opinion the machine was born bad, but now I can’t do anything about it, should I order a new panel or can I do something else first ? Is there any way to test if it’s the panel or something else ? Can I just get the housing ? (menbrane) ?
Thanks, I look forward to your response, also to order the part (not from the seller of the co2 laser !).
And if possible a file with explained how to check all connections. Thanks again

I have never had mine apart, but have worked on lots of similar equipment.

Check that none of the pins within the connectors have been bent or broken.

Some of your comments leave me wondering… exactly what’s going on.

I think by ‘end of stroke’ switches, commonly called limit switches. If these don’t work it cannot complete a homing cycle. Probably hitting the machine on that axes.

These are usually hall effect limit switches and react to Ferris metal parts. A screwdriver should trigger them if they look similar to mine.

What are you changing for a rotary that requires this…? The only thing I change is a plug…

What else does it do than lase? Not that it really matters, just trying to follow you… what is a ‘process’?

I hate to say hardware, so I’d check the pins as I mentioned and ensure they look ‘OK’.

As far as I knew they are not compatible. The 6445 has a larger resolution lcd than the 6442…

:smile_cat:

I’ve never taken mine apart, but I’ve worked on a lot of similar equipment.

Check that none of the pins inside the connectors have been bent or broken.

I will try checking all the connectors

I’m thinking of the ‘end-of-stroke’ switches, commonly referred to as limit switches. If these don’t work it can’t complete a homing cycle. Probably hitting the machine on that axis.

Actually no, (at first I did, in fact I posted the problem here and it was an unattached cable!) they don’t hit the car, but if I push them first when it’s moving, it won’t stop.

pushing on the sensor doesn’t stop

These are usually Hall effect limit switches and react to Ferris metal parts. A screwdriver should trigger them if they look anything like mine.

no, no mechanical, the sensor like yours i mount on the 3d printer, but on the axes of my co2 they are different, they are in fact mechanical.

What are you changing for a rotary that requires this…? The only thing I’m changing is a plug…

Not on my co2, I have to open the side door, and physically unplug the axle connector and attach the rotary one.

122 of which were for processes

What else does it do besides lase? Not that it’s really important, I’m just trying to follow along… what’s a ‘process’?

This is what I was reading on the display (when it was going) by pressing INFO

I hate to say hardware, so I would check the pins like I said and make sure they look ‘OK’.

ok i’ll try to see

RDC6442S-B (EC) and RDC6445GZ(panel)

As far as I know they are not compatible. The 6445 has a higher resolution lcd than the 6442.

On my machine I have RDC6442S-B (EC) controller and RDC6445GZ(panel) display.

**Now assuming it’s the panel that broke, I can’t find anyone selling it. **
The seller has it (at $145.00), but given how he dealt with me, that would be the last place I would want to get it.
Do you know where I can find it ?

I haven’t looked for one, so I don’t have any suggestions.

You have this screen with a 6442G controller?

rdc6445gz

My 6442G console looks like this…

rdc6442g

Surprised, since one controller has more pixels and a larger screen.

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.