Re: the setup of a rotary into Lightburn

I have not used my rotary tool on my 10 watt D1 laser engraver since BEFORE I swithced to Lightburn. I’m in the process of settinbg up my roller through my lightburn program, after plugging in the rotary. After checking the correct boxes and entering the diameter of a test object,; I hit the test button to ensure the rotary operates as expected(one revolution of the rollers both directions). After hitting the test button, I observe the test tumbler rotating three revolutions each way. It does not appear to be slipping on the rollers. Is there something else I need to check, to correct this? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Can you give us a link to the rotary you are using… From you comment about it not slipping, I’ll assume it’s a roller type, not a chuck.

What are and how did you come up with rotations for the gui? A screenshot of the gui is always nice…

The driver roller or wheel should rotate on complete turn and back.

If it doesn’t, you need to check the motors rotation. If you press the test button on the gui, it should rotate one complete turn and back… This is the motor shaft/pulley itself.

:smile_cat:

I have the Xtool D1 Pro 20watt and am using the RA2 roller .
I have had the same issue since I received my equipment over a year ago.
There is some sort of glitch between Lightburn and the RA2 that noone seems to have an answer for. There are dozens of people commenting about the issue howver noone has found a solution.
What I have to do is when I want to use my roller assembly or chuck I just run my designs from the Xtool Creative Space software. You are limited to your design quality with that software but at least you can use your roller.
I am going to work on seeing if I can design in Lightburn and then download the file to XCS so that I have a better quality design.

If anyone else reading this post is aware of a fix to this issue would you please direct us to the proper place?

I wonder if @Rick could comment on this being an issue…

Hang in there…

:smile_cat:

xTool D1 Pro has gone through several firmware revisions. There are solidly three different approaches. The second approach requires a minor change to the steps per rotation compared to the first. This sounds like what you’re experiencing. The most recent approach requires a little bit more creativity.

If your Firmware hasn’t been updated it may be easier to handle.

Please Select and Copy the initial connection message sent by the xTool D1 Pro out of the Console window in LightBurn and paste that message into a reply here. This should state the Firmware number so we can confirm this.

I’ll gather 2-3 relevant links to explain further.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.