Ready to upgrade from my Modified K40... Thinking of this Monport 60W

Well… I uncrated it in my driveway, then my son and I muscled it up the stairs and onto the bench… upon unwrapping, I have to say… I’m really pissed.

I was sold a Laser with “Dual Work Bed” (Knife Blade and Honeycomb Bed).
You’ll also notice the nice debris hopper design:

Instead, I got this barren metal cabinet which allows debris to go ANYWHERE, and without the hopper, it draws ventilation from NOWHERE and at the same time EVERYWHERE (including through all the electronics).

And three welded in L-Bars are hardly a Knife Bed (I was already researching purchasing additional aluminum blades to fill in between for certain projects).

Also… I specifically chose this Monport because of the center mounted Y-Axis Motor, as shown here, and in multiple locations in the documentation:
Y Axis Motor

Instead, I was sent this offset motor design:

All of these photos are either from the actual web page on the Monport website where I placed my order, or photos that I have taken tonight of the unit that was shipped to me.

I am not happy. I feel like I’ve been taken advantage of in a Bait-and-Switch scheme.
These are not minor changes to design elements… these are blatant cost cutting design changes that are totally misrepresented by the company.

Heading off to the Monport site to register my concerns in the morning, when I have cooled down.

Jim

Edit:

Wait… I’m not through yet… take a look at this cover as shown in the marketing materials:

Instead I got this heavy metal hatch with a much smaller “Viewing Window” to use their own term… it’s not much bigger than the opening on my K40:

I wanted to be able to see inside from my chair at the computer on the adjacent workbench… now I have to go stand over the unit and peer down inside from a much smaller window (I’m so torqued, I’m not even peeling the film off it). Where is my framed transparent lid, as SHOWN on the website and documentation???

I’m not sure how Monport intends to resolve this misleading marketing, but this is hugely disappointing.

Jim