Renewal of lightburn after trial period

hi
im part of a charity and our committee group is meeting this week to discuss items, and among them is the lightburn software ,which i hope i get the go ahead to purchase.
i am looking through prices and see a few different purchases available but the bridging software i know very little about.
can someone explain what you pay/purchase to start using a licensed version of the software.
im new to the CNC milling and no one else even knows which end of a computer to start at, i have also acquired a 3D printer,so will lightBurn work with this also?
TIA

software and milling newbie

Lightburn has a wonderfully easy and tremendously powerful interface for creating two dimensional drawings. Making the software work with a 3D printer isn’t particularly practical. It’s not like it can control the layer height, extrusion factors, etc, but the 2D creations can be exported to SVG and used in 3D software to create extrusions from the outlines and shapes.

You will need to purchase the GCode version found here, LightBurn Software - GCode License Key

And this is worth review,

LightBurn is designed to work with laser systems at this point, so using the output code produced would require hand editing to insert the additional code required to drive your CNC or 3D printer, which necessitates a deep understand of these requirements.

Thanks
That was a great explanation. I just acquired the 3D printer, whilst still doing lots of tests with the laser cnc. My understanding of the machine and the Grbl coding gets better every day, I even managed to re-write the code $1 - $131 steps after accidentally resetting the machine. I’m in the midst of fixing 2 other machines that another charity group have acquired. The 3D printer is another days job, may I offer my sincere thanks for the reply, fingers crossed I’ll be a lightburn customer by the weekend.
Stay tuned, my next question will be to do with the XYZ 0.0 (probably need tips to understand why each project never starts bang on the bottom left hand corner of the table)
:joy::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::pensive:

Our documentation is worth review. In particular, the section the talks about the coordinate system and how we work with it to provide you options for how and when to use them. Coordinates and Job Origin - LightBurn Software Documentation :slight_smile:

Bummer, you could/should go to ‘Edit → Machine Settings’ and you can ‘save’ or ‘load’ a configuration file along with ‘read’ and ‘write’ them to the controller…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.