Resize svg files

Hallo guys, how can I resize svg files purchased on etsy for example from 3 to 4mm thick and if it happens with larger or smaller dimensions than the work surface?
Thank you

1 Like

Thee is a tab resizer that you put in the current size and then the size you need it to be and it changes all the demensions to the new size. there are plenty of youtube videos that will walk you through it. I used louisiana hobby guy video when i fist started @richfaraone

2 Likes

Thanks that I saw that there is, even if the dimensions of the joints do not always change … I also need to know if there is a way to enlarge or reduce a project based on the dimensions I need and the work surface . For example, if a project is 410x390mm and my work surface is 380x380mm, how can I adapt it while maintaining the proportions?

The Numeric Edits toolbar in the upper left of the LightBurn window is your friend:

Make sure the Lock icon is … uh … locked, type the width you want into the Width field, whack Enter, and away it goes!

You can also resize by percentage, if you happen know that number. In your example, it’s 92.683% = 100×380/419.

If the lock icon is unlocked, then the changes apply to only one axis, in which case Ctrl-Z = Undo will become your best friend.

2 Likes

Grazie Ednisley, quindi mi basta mettere quelle misure quando trovo un file piĂą grande rispetto al piano di lavoro?
Vale anche per gli incastri??

Translated from Italian to English using Google Translate, so I may misunderstand your questions!

The Numeric Edits values apply to the object (or group of objects) you have selected: you can resize the entire drawing or just a part of it.

If the final size is larger than your machine’s workspace, then you may be able to cut / engrave it in sections by using the Print-and-Cut tool:

If you mean the finger-joints between pieces, then they’ll be resized just like everything else. The Slot and Tab Resizer tool can help adjust the tabs (and their slots) to match the actual material thickness. I haven’t tried that tool yet, but from other comments it seems to work well in most cases and fall flat on its face when confronted with some geometry. Try it, but verify the results on a cheap material!

If you mean marquetry / inlay inserts into surrounding material, then they’re also resized and will certainly require using the Offset tool to get a good fit:

There’s also a Kerf Offset in the Layer Cut Settings that applies to the entire layer:

It can produce unwanted effects in complex situations where you think the offset should go in the “other direction”, so verify those results, too.

Grazie, sei stato molto gentile, proverò!!!

:+1::+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.