RESOLVED! - Automatic power increase over time?

Hi, I would like to ask something unusual.
With the 20 watt diode laser, after 3 hours of work with 70% power, I noticed that the first part is perfect, then, towards the end of the work, the work is less marked.
Power certainly decreases over time.
Would it be possible to create a command that, on request, automatically increases the power over time?
For example, after the first 30 minutes is it linearly increased by x% with a slider or similar?
Thank you.

I don’t think there is a setting for that. It would take some pretty elaborate code to make it happen.

Consider breaking your work piece into 2 or more jobs…

If you have version 0.23 you can increase the power and speed in the move panel once the project is on the go.

If your diode is losing power during a lengthy job that’s a sure sign that it is overheating. Cranking up the power more is NOT what it wants. (unless your goal is to burn it up)
What you need is to give it a break to cool down some or else get some better forced cooling on it.

I can not do that. I could increase the power but only in manual.

Would it be possible to create a command that, on request, automatically increases the power over time?

is not the answer I am looking for.
My question is another.
If you don’t know her, thanks anyway.

No. You cannot increase power during the job in LightBurn…

Don’t think there is a way to do it automatically just the manual settings while job is running.

RESOLVED!
It wasn’t the laser that was losing power, but at the extreme end it was out of level, and affected less.
Thank you all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.