Retaining a border from Coreldraw

I am designing rubber stamps with borders in Coreldraw X7 and once I open it through the icon in Lightburn the border disappears. I can kind of understand that it recognising the border and reversing the image but how can I maintain the border in the artwork so that it will appear in lightburn as a non cut item but still use the icon instead of exporting the artwork

I think I have worked it out. Put a double border on each stamp and it works without reversing it. If anyone knows an easier way I would be interested to hear

I am back to square one as when I reverse it the border disappears again

If you use the macro to export from Corel, one thing that’s worth noting is that it will export everything, or just what you have selected, if there is a selection. Otherwise, there is no difference between using the macro in Corel and just exporting the file.

If you could show an image of what you’re working with we could likely be of more help, but start here: How do I invert (negate) a vector engraving?

I have 72 in total, all different, to manufacture on Monday and ideally I would like to use the laser for the first time rather than having to manufacture the way I have been doing it for the 21 years with a vulcanising press.

The topic was a great help thank you and putting an extra red line 1/2mm from the original border worked. Sorry to be so naive but only set up the laser today and trying to get to grips with the softwareStamp Artwork

That’s ok - it’s why the forum exists. :slight_smile:

Since you mention you’re engraving stamps, there’s a setting specifically for them called ‘ramp length’ that will add a slope to the sides of the engraving, helping to stabilize thin lettering or shapes.

The ramp length is the distance out from the engraving that the system spreads the engraving power over, and it ramps from Min Power to Max Power, so you need to set them differently for it to work.

2 Likes

Thank you for your tips

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.