Reversed text issues

Hi, this is the first ever forum i have used. I have no idea what to do here. But i will reach out and apologise to everyone b4 i start. I have an atomstack m40 p7. I have read many comments on how to fix my issue, but it has not helped as it seems my issue can not be resolved with the given advice.

My engraver engraves images and text in mirror image, from what i have read it’s fixable from device settings in lightburn. I have checked heaps of times on what my origin is set to it is set to top left. This is what i have read that should fix my issue. Well its already set to top left but its still printing mirror images and text reversed. I have found no other advice on how to fix this and i am unable to go right through the forums as i would not know where to start. I suffer from information overload, so struggle with all that info.

I would like some help on how i can fix this or i will be doomed to flip everything before i start engraving.

Thanking everyone in advance. Cheers

Check when you preview that the invert button is not selected.

This is generally because of the Origin setting in the Device Settings.

I’m not a wizard on these machines, so I’d suggest you check this thread… they have it’s home at the front/left…

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

You have your Device Origin set incorrectly in Edit/Device Settings. This help article explains the issue, and how to resolve it:

Hi Steve, thanks for the info. I have checked and double-checked the origin in device settings. My origin setting is correct. Although i am using m4 for my power output. I will reset the output to m3 and see if that resolves the issue. Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers

Hi, and thanks. I can not find an invert button anywhere in the software. Am i blind or am i just missing it. Please let me know where it would be?

Can you provide the following:

1. Full screenshot of LightBurn with the design loaded
  2. Photo of the resulting burn
1 Like

Is the top/left the proper origin for this machine?

click on TV/Monitor icon in top menu then one of the options at the bottom of the preview window is Invert.

Hi, once again, thanks. I did that an inverted selection is off. Coloured bugandy not green, should i turn it on to fix the issue or look for another resolution to this issue

Please provide the following. It will help us help you. :slight_smile:

Hi all, once again for everything. I have solved the issue, @burnmybuildarea pounted to willy for me. My machines origin was incorect as was stated b4 but not how i thought it was. Most info said usually origin is top left, mine is acctually bottom left like the atomstack p5. Although my homing is in the opposite direction (top left). I can work with that. Thank you everyone for your help and input. I was racking my brain to sort this issue. You guys are great. Keep up the amazing support, and thank you so very much. Cheers.

Did you not read the link I put in on post 3…? … also post 7

It stated the origin was not the back/left.

Glad you’re up and operating…

Yes i read that, but it got lost in amongst the other info in my head. Sorry, but the information overload causes things like that to happen, which is why i mentioned it in my first post. . Thanks very much again. Sorry for the frustrations.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.