Revert Cam Five using Lightburn

Hello,

I am planning on testing out light burn on a cam five printer (w/ a Ruida controller) that we have. Currently, the Cam Five printer is used with whatever software it shipped with (smartcarve maybe?). We want to instead start using Lightburn. However, the laser is used for commercial applications and thus if something does go wrong with lightburn (I mess up the settings or something), I need to be able to revert it back to its old self so it can keep working.

Is there a way to do this using light burn? Maybe save a profile or something? This is assuming that lightburn can read the current settings that the printer has.

Locate your controller and find the model number on the sticker. See if it’s listed on our DSP license product page:

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.09.01 AM

Please check out our documentation on configuring a Ruida controller, you’ll find out how to read the settings and save them. Configuring A Ruida - LightBurn Documentation

I previously used LightBurn on a CamFive machine that was shipped from the factory with SmartCarve. There are absolutely no changes made to the drivers or the Ruida controller when you switch to LightBurn, and absolutely nothing that will prevent you from switching back and forth between LightBurn and SmartCarve. You can freely use both without any changes or issues. You simply need to install LightBurn and start using it.

Awesome. Thanks!

1 Like