Rotary Attachment - Noob Question

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but…

I recently picked up one of those rotary attachments from China, (for my OMTech 60W, motorized bed) but it’s WAY too big. The only way I can get it to fit with a cup is to take out the honeycomb and slats.

Bought this

Get this with the slats in:

Flipping the cup makes no difference as the adjustable side can’t go low enough

If I take the slats out, it fits, but I can’t auto-focus. I’d have to go with trial and error till I found something just the right height to get the cup to the focus point. That just doesn’t seem right.

Am I missing something or is this just the way it has to be done?

Thanks!!

Looks like the nozzle is pretty low. Can you adjust it up into the head. Looks like you might gain at least an inch.

Same question. Why is your cone / lens holder so low? Also, can you provide a wider shot of the machine. I cannot make any reference to the size in relation to the table or machine.

Do you have an adjustable Z?

I have the same rotary, and had the same problem with my Red/Blk 5070.
I noticed my “L” brackets were hitting bottom prior to bed.
So I took them off, and inverted them, this way L bracket goes down instead of up, and frame bolts on top of that, then honeycomb is flush with top of L.

For large diameter jubs, like 60oz, I just set rotary on bottom under frame, and then adjust nozzle down to focus.

I agree with other posts above, looks like you could raise your tube up inch or 2.

I guess I was too eager and managed to skip the part of the setup vids that talked about adjusting the nozzle height. I just assumed that was the way it was supposed to be. ( I know, I know lol )

Ugh. Welp, off I go to mess with that. Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.