Rotary Attachment not turning on Chinese IEHK 6090 with 100W CO2 & Ruida Controller

Using Windows 10 - Lightburn V0.9.19, Ruida RDC 6442S-B
Microstep Driver 2DM860-G-DKJ. Rotary Attachment Stepper Motor is: 17HA801Y-22P, FH200628 Smooth.
DIP Switch setting (SW5, SW6, SW7 and SW8) indicates that the Microstep Controller is set at 4000 steps/Revolution as per the following:

DIP Switch setting: SW1 ON, SW2 ON and SW3 OFF.
There is no combination listed in the following table for SW1 and SW2 ON and SW3 OFF:

I have turned on Rotary Attachment in the Lightburn Software.

I have replaced the Y-Axis 4 pin plug with the Rotary Attachment Plug.
Just read the Y-Axis Stepper Motor Model (located at front right corner): 17HA801Y-22P, FH200628 Smooth - same as the Rotary Attachment Stepper Motor.
Ruida Controller seems set at 10000 steps/Rev.

I have counted 20 teeth on the Rotary Roller and the Motor so no correction is necessary (1.0 Ratio).

When I burn the graphics on the glass bottle, it does not turn but does burn the image. The Stepping Motor is getting hot! Do not know if it is normal.

I am struggling to see what wrong I am doing. I must admit that I am a newbee with Laser Cutter and Lightburn software.

I read in one of the post to "Turn off
I appreciate help.

Thank you in advance.

I do not think the motor should be getting hot when not in operation, it might be stuck. My ebay laser with Ruida controls came with a faulty air pump which just hummed and didn’t produce any air. Im new to this as well but I do not believe your motor should be getting warm.

In your Current Settings Table there is a duplicate for the “ON-OFF-ON” configuration. It is used for both the 3.42 & 4.6.

Note that the “'ON-ON-OFF” is missing from the table altogether.
Might want to check those two or the original documentation.
Only posting the comment to ensure someone doesn’t over-voltage their setup based on the table.

Cheers!

Thank you for input/comments provided.

Finally with help from IEHK Sales who asked for a video of where I was connecting the Rotary Attachment and concluded that I was not connecting to the “Y” Axis controller. Once that became clear, now all is well and it is working fine.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.