Rotary - cannot unselect Y axis in the setup

RD6445-S controller.

I have got the rotary finally working via RD works, via the U axis.
So I do not need to disconnect the Y drive or Y control leads.

But upon starting Lightburn, I cannot unselect the Y axis as the rotary axis. (In RD Works, I can tell it that U is the correct one)

I had an old version, but I’ve just upgraded, and renewed my subscription, and it’s the same. As if Y is my only choice.

I’m wondering what I missed?

Thanks
Ian

Two prerequisite:

1. The firmware for RDC6445S needs to be v35.01.08
  2. Need to have RDWorksV8(8.01.60) which allows for the change the controller-based ‘Rotating axis’ setting to ‘Axis U’ or “Axis Y’

Process:
Part 1 - RDWorks

1. Load RDWorks (make sure controller/machine is on)
  2. In control section on right side select ‘User’ tab.
  3. Select ‘Read’ the settings,
  4. Once bar reaches 100%, under the ‘User’ tab select the radio button ‘Other’
    5 Scroll down until you see the sectio. ‘Rotating’ and then look for ‘Rotating axis” option
  5. Next to ‘rotating axis” you will see either ‘Axis Y’ or ‘Axis U’.
  6. If Axis Y, click and change to Axis U.
  7. Click the ‘write” button and write the chance to the controller. (I clicked write twice just in case and ‘read’ to verify the axis)
  8. Once written. Close RDWorks.

Part 2 - Lighrburn

1. Load Lightburn
  2. Navigate to the ‘’Laser’ tab,
  3. Click the “enable rotary” toggle
  4. Ensure that option ‘Start from’ is set to ‘User Origin”

Test operation.
5. On machine manually move laser head to correct starting position and press the ‘Origin” button on the controller.
5. Navigate back to lightburn and Create line box to use as a test file
6. ‘Send’ test file to the controller.
7. Go to the controller, and press ‘frame’ button
If all is configured correctly, the rotary should rotate and axis x should move accordingly.

If you need more help let me know.
This is for the new RDC6445S and I know some info on the old one too.

Thanks for the reply - Our 6445 had firmware of 26.01.19, and I had to downgrade it to 26.01.13 to get some progress.
I’m not certain it will allow version 35.01 of the firmware to be loaded, being that i’s a ‘26’, not the newer ‘35’.

I bought it 2 years ago, and changed out the old 6442-S for the 6445-S.
The Cloudray advert said it was upgraded to 6445-S from the earlier 6445-G model.

(do I have RDW 8.01.60 loaded)

WHERE can I download v35.01.08, please? I can’t find it on the Ruida website to try it?