Rotary does not rotate when I push "test"

everything else works. Frame, left ans Right traverse, laser function…just no rotating on “test”. Using OMTech 60 watt with an OMTech rotary tool. Makes it difficult to get quality engraving on tumblers.

Your steps/rotation do not look correct…

Check out this procedure to setup your rotary with a Ruida…

If you needs assistance, sing out…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Thx for the quick response. It will be a couple of days before I am able to check it out but that looks promising.

Jack, Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply. I am unable to locate a driver placard on my machine. None of my dip switches match the illustration you included. The documentation included with my machine is of any help. As you assumed, I am using the Y axis. The obscured dip is is 1.2.3.5.6.7 OFF 4 ON.

the obs[quote=“Jim5, post:4, topic:101942, full:true”]
Thx for the quick response. It will be a couple of days before I am able to check it out but that looks promising.
[/quote]

The switches don’t mean much without something to relate them to their operation…

Generally the placard is on the largest area available that won’t interfere with it’s operation… generally on the side opposite the heat sink. Guess which side they’ll mount onto something…

I have to remove mine to read the placard information… the next best option is the type of controller… you can find the data sheet on it and it will tell you the information for the switch settings.

dm542

See if you can find an identifier to the motor driver…

:smile_cat:

Looks about the same as mine, in which case the pix in that post may be useful.

If it’s a DM545 driver, then the placard is on the side away from the heatsink:

So. Many. Switches.

Thank you for your help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.