Rotary marking output center is incorrectly displayed

When clicking Show besides Output center in the Rotary Marking window, the red line being displayed seems like it’s not taking into account the Red Dot offset from the device settings.
Is this how it’s expected to work?

The problem can be seen in the following screenshot:

Left image: Output center / Show (center set to 55mm); line is located at ~70.2mm on the ruler.
Right image: a line located at 55mm being framed; line is located at ~68.5mm on the ruler.

Both are along the Y axis. The Y offset of the red dot is set to 1.8mm which, more or less, coincides with the difference being seen.

EDIT: With Y offset set to 10mm, the problem is clearly visible.

@adammhaile What do you think?

LightBurn 1.6.00, built Tue 2024-04-30 @ 09:35 (trial version).

Interesting. Where is the focus, right at the ruler?

Yes. But I don’t see how it can have an impact on this. Can it?

Also, I haven’t specifically mentioned, but the engraving would be done at the location of the red line (right image) - as expected.

No, don’t think so, I was just curious. With your edit it makes me think, if I had my rotary 10mm off center, I would expect this result to be what you show, what I would want. At zero offset, I would expect them to line up, but as long as the output centers on the rotary, is it an issue? If you turn off the “Enable Rotary” does the dot move over 1.2mm?
I have found from photos and experimenting, that when running the laser, the redlight offsets are ignored, returning when the burn is complete. It’s my guess that the laser ignores the redlight offsets because it is not possible to correct the redlight and the source at the same time, as they both go through the same mirrors. Maybe this is the same thing, it can only correct one at a time?
Hopefully someone comes along who really knows this stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.