Rotary settings for framing

When you frame in Lightburn for your rotary, what is the machine setting for when the laser head initially moves and completes the framing operation? I want to slow it down. Thanx in advance for your time and support.

It’s called ‘Idle speed’ in LightBurn for most manufacturers. The name might be different if you’re looking in the controller menus, or using the stock vendor software.

If your OMT machine has a Ruida controller, the “speed” button on the controller changes the jogging & framing speed if you are using the frame button on the controller.

Are you asking about controlling the ‘Frame’ speed from LightBurn by chance?

Heh, well there you go. Now you know how to change it from LB or from the controller. :slight_smile:
I never use LB for framing because my computer is over here and my laser is over there… so I always frame from the ruida control panel.

1 Like

I’ve changed idle to 20 and it moves as I want it to. It’s when you frame there is this little fast rotation then it operates at the speed I set in the move menu. It’s just at the very beginning and end that is fast.

1 Like