Rotary Steps per revolution has changed?

I appreciate the help. I AM extremely methodical (and also salty), but that doesn’t mean I can’t miss something. In reaching out for help, it pretty much announces the fact that I don’t claim to know everything… :wink:

I probably could have worded my suggestion better. Instead of “It might be good to mention…” I could have said “The thing I was missing…”. Not to dig the hole deeper (as I reach for my shovel), but it would be good to mention when some access requires passing through a big ole “warning” dialog… Just sayin’…

I have never found an auxiliary stepper port (U-Axis?) anywhere “accessible” on the machine. It seemed pretty obvious that I was expected to use the Y-Axis for this (based on plug placement and availability). …just like my last CO2. Additionally, since it all works as expected via Lightburn (hot plug stepper resolution variations aside), it’s pretty clear that’s what expected (via both software and hardware).

“RTFM”… Grrrr!

Just because I missed something in the manual, doesn’t mean this wasn’t a viable question for the forums…

In the end, I’ve found this forum to be a lot more useful than “RTFM”. (Thats why I posted) There are a lot of details and nuances being discussed here which are not addressed anywhere in the manual. (IE: https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/uv-jpt-galvo-parameter-selection-qpulse-vs-freq-with-inversion/107899/1). When my rotary resolution was behaving erratically, I took it here and I think we’ve developed a workable hypothesis (hot-plugging). I don’t expect that is anywhere in the manual either…

But again, thanks for all the help!

1 Like