Rotary, Tare new 0 after jogging

Can you add a “Set as 0” button under the left and right Jog button when using the rotary. After adjusting the piece to the correct spot i want it to be centered on it will go back to the old 0.

Can you set and use an origin from your controller?

What is your setting for start from ?

:smile_cat:

I looked in “Settings”, “Device Settings”, and “Rotary Settings” and didn’t see it. I’m using a Galvo JCZFiber.

Oops… I’m sorry, I’m thinking a regular machine and rotary.

In Lightburn, you can set it to return to starting point option… in the rotary gui…

As far as I can remember on the galvo it’s 0 when you start Lightburn…

Does this answer your question?

Not really. I want to:

1. Put part on
  2. Jog to some spot, lets say 2.64mm
  3. Click “Set as 0” and instead of saying “Pos: 2.640mm” at top it changes to “Pos: 0.000mm” without moving the rotary.

Now when I hit start, it will start at that new pos instead of rotating back -2.64mm to the old 0 and starting the engraving.

Maybe @Rick knows if there is a solution for this… I know what you mean…

There is a feature suggestions area where you can post a suggestion you’d like implemented in Lightburn, then we get to vote on it…

If @Rick doesn’t know, I’d suggest you post the suggestion there.

Thank you friend. I imagine it is a very quick thing to code with maybe one line of
RotaryPos = 0.00;
I will post in features.

Sounds like it… However, I didn’t write it and don’t know what kind of headache it would be to implement this…

That’s always the issue, neither of us wrote it…

It’s worth a short wait and see if @Rick has a suggestion…

I like the idea. If a person uses the rotary a lot they would really make use of this feature.

To solve this issue on my galvo I wired a push button to the microstep driver ENABLE so basically I jog to desired position with software, push the button (close contact), return to zero (rotary does not spin) push the button again (open contact) Rotary engaged.

Some galvos have separate power controls for the 3 power supplies, I have heard from others on the LMA board that they just kill the 12V switch and software/ framing laser etc. continues to run but rotary doesn’t move. Haven’t tried it personally as mine doesn’t work that way.

@ZookTDribit, which OS (and version) and LightBurn version you are using?

Windows 11, Lightburn 1.4.05 (Latest)
I saw there was an update to tare the rotary for repeat marking, but not normal rotary! WHYYYYY!?!

1 Like

Sorry, duplicate information, so I dumped it…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.